Facebook is a great and highly famous social media site as it allows users to perform several tasks. A user can run an application through Facebook, exchange or share messages, photos, videos and many more. There are several plugins available for Facebook which are quite phenomenal as a user can use them to perform multiple tasks from one source only.
Earlier, you could install any plug-in related to Facebook without generating any ID or secure key. But, now with the coming up of Facebook new API, you need to enter Facebook App ID and Secret key for installing any Word Press plug-in related to Facebook. If you do not do the same, then your plug-in will not work as it will show an error message.
Creating a Facebook App ID and Secret key is not a difficult task at all as you can generate it within 5 minutes. You do not need to take help of any developer as you can complete this task with the help of Facebook developer’s page. This page is being used by millions of users every day to generate their secret key and App ID’s.
There are some useful tips which will help you to generate App ID and Secret key for configuring Facebook with any plug-in or app that requires the special App ID and key. Let’s have a look at these useful tips:
- First of all, login to your Facebook account. Now go to Facebook’s developer website and login. You can login to the developer’s page with your registered Facebook username and password.
- The next step is to click on the Apps menu. You will see a ‘Create a new app’ option under the App menu. Open this option.
- Now, you need to enter the details of the app you are creating. Carefully fill all the details and click on the ‘create app’ option.
- Now click on the ‘app platform’ option and choose the appropriate platform out of several options. Enter the details of your website URL and click on ‘save changes’. If you do not provide the correct details of your website then Facebook Publish will not work and you will not be able to generate an App ID or secure key.
- Finally, you will receive your App ID and Secure key. Secret key is hidden due to privacy purposes. You need to click on ‘show’ button to know your secret key, but before doing it make sure that you are alone as anyone can misuse this confidential information.
- Enter this App ID and Secure key in the Facebook Publish API settings, so that you can authenticate any plug-in or third party app with Facebook.
These are some of the useful tips which will help you to generate the App ID and Secret key without taking help of any developer. These tips will not only save you money but will also save your precious time. So, follow these tips and generate your Facebook App ID and Secret key without any difficulty and that too in few minutes.