With the help of Microsoft Office 365, a user can work from anywhere, anytime and on any device as it is now not limited to PC or Laptops only, it can be installed on smart phones and tablets too. Android users can now configure their Android smart phone with Microsoft Office 365, and enjoy all the benefits. There are several methods which can be used to configure an Android smart phone to Microsoft office 365, but let’s have a look at some of the simplest methods to do so.
Install Microsoft Outlook application on your smart phone
The simplest method to add Office 365 account to Android is through Microsoft Outlook app. This app is available on Google play store and can be downloaded for free. After installing the app on your Android device, follow the following steps:
- Once the app is successfully installed on your device, open it. The app will now ask for the service to be used, choose Office 365.
- Now, log on with your registered Microsoft account to enjoy all the features of Office 365 on your Android device.
You can also use this app to access other applications such as Outlook, Yahoo mail, Gmail, One drive and many other applications. With such benefits, this method is considered as the best method for configuring an Android device to Microsoft Office 365.
Manually add office 365 account on your smart phone
You can manually add Microsoft Office 365 account to your Android device without taking help of any application.
- You can either add an account from the Gmail app or from the Android settings. First, go to settings menu> Accounts. Now select ‘Add Account’ option and choose the ‘Exchange’ option.
- Now provide the details of your account and click ‘next’. Once you have successfully logged in, integrate your calendar, contacts and other data.
The only problem with this method is that it is not at all simple. This method will only work if you are connected to the right stuff such as ports and servers. This stuff is not understood by all the Android users, hence, making it difficult for them to connect to the right ports and servers.
Take help of alternative apps
- There are several Microsoft apps such as Sunrise, which can be used to access some features of Office 365. With Sunrise app, you can get access to the best calendar app and the best part is that it supports Microsoft office too. Similarly, you can take help of alternative apps to enjoy features of Office 365.
These are the popular methods used for configuring an Android smart phone to Microsoft Office 365. However, the best method is to download the Outlook app as it is simple and easy to use. Moreover, it allows the user to access other applications too. So, adopt any one method out of the methods mentioned above and start using all the features of Office 365 on your Android smart phone.